Daily deal facts
- 15 percent of Americans are signed up for a ‘daily deal’ site or service.
- Of those signed up, 66 percent are women.
- 49 percent of those signed up are between the ages of 25 and 44, an age group that only accounts for 31 percent of the U.S. population.
- 45 percent of daily deals users are from the Southern U.S. That’s eight percent higher than what the South accounts for in U.S. population.
- Groupon and LivingSocial dwarf competitors in terms of adoption.
- 62 percent of daily deals users are using them as frequently or more frequently than when they started.
- 53 percent of users say they tried a business or service for the first time because of the deal. Some 23 percent of users say they continued to visit the business after the initial trial.
- Deals users are almost twice as likely to follow brands or companies on social media sites.